My media consumption

 


Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
    The Metro. 
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
    Sports and celebrity gossip section because that's what I find the most entertaining. 
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
    The politics or government because I find them boring and too long to read. 
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
    Stories about famous footballers like how the Saudis are buying all the footballers like Jordan Henderson from Liverpool. 
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
    My Dad reads any type of newspaper. 
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
    Only ones that I take a liking towards to like the Daily Mail because of me seeing on Google about the new iPhone 15 coming out and I checked it out through there website. 

Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why/why not?
    I don't read magazines because I don't have an interest in them.

  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
    I don't read no sections of magazines cause I don't have an interest in them. 

Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
    21 hours a week (3 hours per day) 

  • What device do you use to watch television?
    I don't only sometimes. I use phone or laptop. 

  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
    normally evening time around past 8 with my family. 

  • What programmes do you like best and why?
    EastEnders and Family Fortunes because both these shows are quite entertaining to watch which everyone in my family can also watch as well. 
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
    I watch with my parents and my younger brother. Most the times my Dad decides what we watch which varies from horror movies or wildlife documentaries or even just an old action film (Con Air).

  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
    Yes we sometimes watch live football matches or the news when it comes on TV. I also do use my laptop and sometimes my phone to to watch shows. 

Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio?
    Only in the car.

  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
    LBC (Leading Britain's Conversations) because it has very gripping topics sometimes and it's nice to hear other peoples opinions and view points about what's going on around the world. 
  • Do you listen to podcasts?
    Never. 
  • If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?
    I don't.
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio?
    On radio depends how long the car journeys are which could be 30 minutes to an hour. 

  • What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
    sometimes in the afternoon (5:00) or the evening if I'm out late with my parents (9:00).

  • Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
    In the car.

  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
    Listen to music sometimes on my phone.

  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen?
    Yes my Dad does he loves to listen to LBC. 

Film
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
    The Meg 2: The Trench. 
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
    The Equalizer.
    The Meg.
    The Conjuring.
    The Nun.
    The Night Of The Living Dead. 
  • Who else watched the films with you?
    My parents and my younger brother. 

  • Who decided what films to watch?
    My Dad.

  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
    I watch on my TV, phone or laptop it depends my mood. 

Online
  • How often do you access the internet?
    Everyday.

  • Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc.
    I have access to the internet at home and in school.

  • What are the main sites that you access?
    WhatsApp
    Instagram
    Snapchat
    Discord
    Google Classroom
    Blogger

  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
    To talk to my friends online and sometimes to do my homework which I need completing. 

  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
    I listen to music to help me concentrate sometimes more whilst doing work or if I'm free just play games on my phone.

  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
    My primary device I use for accessing the internet is mainly my laptop as it's more easier for me to get information out of it more quicker without there being no lag unlike my phone. 

  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
    I use Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Discord. I use these social media platforms so I can stay connected to my friends when I'm at home or sometimes if I'm doing my work I use Google for help.

Final section: reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
    By trying to and beginning to listen to Podcasts to help me understand more about whats going on around the world. 

  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
    I seriously got to lesson my time using social media and remain focused on my goals this year which is passing Media with high grades. 

  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously. Podcasts.

    The Daily Mirror Newspaper.
    Spotify Podcasts.
    Magazines (I don't know what kind yet).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Audience theory 2 - blog tasks

Representations of women in advertising

Genre blog tasks