First blog task

 First blog task


Once you've set up your new blogs, create a new blog post on your Media Blog 1 and answer the following questions:


1) Why did you choose A Level Media Studies?

I chose A-Level Media Studies because I enjoyed doing it for GCSE in Year 9,10 and 11 and I had fun doing it especially the Coursework's.

 

2) Did you take GCSE Media Studies (either here at Greenford or a different school)?

I took GCSE Media Studies over here at Greenford High School.


3) If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you achieve in GCSE Media? What coursework task did you complete? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?

I previously did achieve a grade 4 in Media but my paper is being remarked so hopefully trying to get a Grade 5. I completed most the coursework tasks except one of the Advertising and Marketing tasks. My strengths are completing all my work on time and one of my weaknesses is recording.


4) What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?

I hope to achieve an A** in A-Level Media.


5) What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A Levels - university, apprenticeship, work?

I hope to go into either an apprenticeship or work.


6) What do you think the biggest MEDIA story of 2023 has been and why? I think it has been the Hollywood actors going on strike along with the teachers and railway workers due to the rise of AI taking over actors jobs and the amount of less pay that teachers and railway workers get from the Government.


7) What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?

I use my phone to check any news or if I'm watching TV.


8) What was the last film you watched?

The Meg 2- The Trench which I think was a brilliant film.


9) What is your favourite ever TV series?

The Walking Dead as it keeps people engaged to it.


10) How many hours do you spend online in an average day? Is this too little, too much or about right? Why? (If you have an iPhone you can use Screen Time to get an accurate figure of how much you use your phone).

I spend around 6-7 hours in a day on phone which I think is about right as I have different other priorities as revision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Audience theory 2 - blog tasks

Representations of women in advertising

Genre blog tasks